East Coast Veterinary Imaging Inc. provides on-site ultrasound and film interpretation and tele-radiology services to veterinary practitioners throughout the Triangle and Triad regions of North Carolina. All of the exams are performed and interpreted by Diplomates of the American College of Veterinary Radiology
By providing our own technicians, we aim to limit any disruption to your clinic or utilization of your valuable personnel. Most studies can be performed without the use of sedation; however, invasive procedures such as biopsies and some aspirates will often require sedation/anesthesia.
Fine Needle Aspirates (FNA) and tissue core biopsies
- Most exams can be performed with the patient awake. Sedation/anesthesia may or may not be advisable or necessary for abdominal exams depending upon the need for motion control, patient's temperament, presence of painful conditions, and other factors. For tissue sampling (some FNAs, biopsies and fluid removal) sedation/anesthesia is often required. For this reason, patient's should be fasted for 12 hours prior to ultrasound exam.
- A dark, quiet room is requested for the study.
- Patient information forms that include patient name (first and last), species, age, gender, weight, presenting complaint and pertinent lab information should be available prior to studies.
- The patient"s haircoat will be clipped for the exams and owner's should be made aware of this.
- ECVI veterinarians or technicians do not administer or monitor sedation/anesthesia. We will require the clinic to provide a doctor or technician to be available for studies requiring sedation/anesthesia
- Please call (919) 808-8880 to schedule an appointment. Calls received before noon (M-F) can often be scheduled on the same day.
- We do not provide weekend exams. If weekend exams are needed, we recommend referral to North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine, BluePearl Pet Hospital, or Triangle Veterinary Referral Hospital.